Mindfulness for improved presence and quality of life
We organise mindfulness courses of various lengths, as well as workshops, lectures and programmes tailored to the needs of various employee groups and other interested parties.
Mindfulness is a useful tool and approach to work with customers, patients, pupils, and co-workers, as well as a way of taking care of yourself while working with other people. Our courses are suitable for people who work both independently and with groups.
Mindfulness gives an opportunity for deepened self-knowledge, increased presence and improved quality of life.
Mindfulness can have a positive effect in areas such as:
• Improved capabilities for handling stress, both your own and that of other people
• Faster recovery
• Improved ability to make conscious choices
• Improved focus and more energy
• Improved consciousness of the automatic connection between thoughts, emotions, and physical sensations
• Decreased performance anxiety
• Improved awareness and attentiveness
• Improved presence and ability to be considerate in conversation
• Improved quality of life; joy, creativity, and spontaneity
• Improved ability to deal with challenges
• Deeper self-knowledge
• Prevents empathy fatigue
Mindfulness courses in Solvalla and Norrvalla are based on Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR), which is an evidence-based method developed by Jon Kabat-Zinn in the US in the 1980s. The method is used clinically and it has been studied extensively. There is evidence that mindfulness practise can mitigate pain, stress, anxiety, and restlessness.