Folkhälsan's FederationPromoting health, quality of life and community where we live
Folkhälsan’s Federation combines the roles of a health-promoting voluntary organization and an expert institution. The Federation consists of four regional associations (Uusimaa, Åboland, Åland and Ostrobothnia), which in turn consist of 98 independent local associations with a total of around 19,000 members.
The Federation's main areas of knowledge are:
- voluntary activities
- health-promoting activities
- lifestyle issues (physical activity, diet and recovery)
- family work and social relations
The communication unit, which is responsible for all information provided on the Folkhälsan organisation, is also part of the Federation (Folkhälsans Förbund).
Health promotion is performed at various levels. We seek to
- shape people’s lifestyles
- support local environments that support health and quality of life, such as day care centres, schools and accommodation for the elderly
- influence social planning legislation in order to improve the preconditions for everyone seeking to live a healthy life.